Nombre: Olena Nihreieva
Institución: Visiting Professor at Public International Law, Criminal Law and
Procedure Department of the University of Cadiz; Associate Professor in International
Law at the Faculty of Economics and Law, Odessa I. I. Mechnikov National University
Asignaturas impartidas en el Máster: Cases Studies in International Relations
Área: Public International Law and International Relations, Maritime Law
The courses she has delivered throughout her career are Public International Law, International Law of Internet (International Regulation of Cryptoassets Activities included) and Maritime Law.
Among other activities she has acted as Executive Secretary of the scientific journal “Odessa National University Herald. Series: Jurisprudence” and has got an administrative scholar experience as Faculty Vice-Dean for Research.
Currently her research focuses on different issues of international lawmaking and enforcement, in particular within the field of International Economic Law. Other fields of her scientific interest are Law of International Security and Armed Conflicts and International Law of Internet. She has also conducted studies of Maritime Law and her PhD thesis is dedicated to Legal Regulations of Ship Mortgage.
She has been a Visiting Professor at the University of Bologna (2022), the University of Cadiz (2022), and the University of Foggia (2022 and 2019) and has participated with a contribution in international conferences in Ukraine and abroad, dedicated to the issues of Public International law and European Law as well.
Among them are:
- “Contemporary International and European Law before the Russian Aggression against Ukraine”: Conference organized by the Spanish Association of Professors of International Law and International Relations and the Diplomatic School of Spain (25 November 2022);
- “War in Ukraine: Legal and Humanitarian Aspects – A Critical Perspective”: Seminar organized by the University of Gibraltar and the University of Cadiz (18 November 2022);
- “Economic Responses and International Economic Law – The Russia / Ukraine Conflict”: Seminar organized within the activities of the Re-Globe Jean Monnet Module at the University of Bologna (18 May 2022);
- The Genocides in the History of the 20th and 21st Centuries (8 April 2022): Seminar organized by the University of Foggia;
- “Enforcing Regional Agreements: the EU/Ukraine Dispute on Export Restrictions on Wood Products: How to balance Free Trade with Environmental Concerns”: seminar organized within the activities of the Re-Globe Jean Monnet Module at the University of Bologna (16 March 2022);
- “The Panel Reports EU/Ukraine and EU/Korea”: Webinar organized by the International Economic Law Interest Group of the Italian Society of International Law and European Union Law” (2021);
- “Features of Adaptation of the Legislation of Moldova and Ukraine to the Legislation of the European Union”(Chisinau, Moldova, 2015). “The European Union after the Lisbon Treaty − Changes and Challenges” (Warsaw, Poland, 2010);
- “Contemporary Transformation of Central and Eastern European Countries and Their Rights” (Lublin, Poland, 2009), etc.
She has published in Ukrainian, English and Russian. Recent works include:
- 2022 Russian Invasion of Ukraine through the Prism of International Law: a Critical Overview (2022) [in English];
- The Interpretation of Article XX(g) of the GATT 1994 in the Context of “Ukraine − Wood Products” (2022, collective monograph) [in English];
- The international legal regime of outer space: between res communis and res nullius (2022) [in Ukrainian]; Global Commons through the Prism of Collective Rights (2021) [in English];
- Towards the Essential Characteristics of Obligations Erga Omnes (2021) [in Ukrainian]; A
- bout the issue of the international regime of cyberspace (2020) [in Ukrainian];
- The Common Heritage of Humankind and Global Commons: Interrelation between Concepts (2020) [in English];
- Enforcement of Obligations Erga Omnes in
International Law: To the Issue of Measures (2019) [in English];
- Lawmaking in International law: topic issues in Plavich V.P. (Ed). Formation and development of lawmaking in society transformation conditions (collective monograph) (2018) [in Ukrainian], etc.